- Messi has done what superstars are wan to do and has decided to take his talents to South Beach. Inter Miami is signing 5-7 more players to accompany him depending on who you talk to. Inter Miami has subsequently sold out almost all of their home and away games post-Messi deal announcement - immediately putting money into the pockets of MLS owners. MLS franchise valuations were already climbing like crazy... now they've added the world's most dynamic player - and seem headed to the stratosphere.
- The Messi deal is fascinating for a number of reasons:
- 1) For one, unlike the PGA (LIV and let live) and Cristiano Reynaldo, he spurned an estimated $500m from Saudi Arabia (he will keep that $25m for a few insta posts though, thank you very much.)
- 2) the rumor is that he has a profit sharing % of Apple and the MLS's 2.5B deal and a path to MLS ownership
- 3) he just recorded 20 goals and 20 assists and in tournament play is still a top 5 player in the world... and he has just tied himself to American soccer for the long haul. Who knows who will follow.
Messi debut tickets are going for more than the Taylor Swift eras tour.
July 21 can't come soon enough.